» Making Air Treks!!
Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:08 pm by Washi Takatobi

» Activity Check
Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm by Grim

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private] on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Standing under the light in the no walled like shed on the roof top of his apartment building working with air trek parts as he focused on the black and orange bodied A-T's he was working on. The air treks supported his air cushion securing system. This would make the all footware a more secure fit as the air system expanded to fit the foot that was in it. His purple tinted sunglasses having dipped down onto his nose and a strand of his blond hair had fallen out of place and into his face from its slicked back look.

Under the magnifying glass in front of him were the smaller parts that made up the inside of standard wheel, a part in the project he was working on. The sleeves of his black leather jacket was pulled up and the jacket itself was open showing the florescent orange shirt underneath. His hands were working carefully on his project in front of him. After all the shed, his work bench, the torn down air trek, a can of Dr. Pepper on his bench, and himself of course was just parts that made up the background.

He was almost done with the project he was working on. The wheels would be covered in carbide Titanium-86 in a saw like cover. The torque of the wheels would make the wheels themselves bite into surfaces for traction making wall rides a breeze. Unfortunately they could also be weapons if used wrongly. With a sigh and a quick drink of the soda he would attach the last plate to the wheel.

Smiling at the nearly completed air trek he was reminded by the one that sparked the design for this trek. The race that had transpired between the two girls bad been amazing. Though it was the feral one that allowed him to design these. But what to name them, that was the question.

View user profile

2 Re: Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private] on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm

"No SAF and there's not that many Storm Riders about. That means...." the boy said as he looked down the road and readied himself for a fast race seen by the neighboring people walking on the sidewalks.

"That I can go all out!" he thought to himself as he started to race down the street, easily avoiding any obstacles that had been presented to him. He wondered how long it has been since he became the Risen King. Maybe it was two months, possibly three? He didn't really care at the moment, it didn't change the fact that he was progressing quite well with his Morganian Road. People cursed and threw things at him as he rode but those were only flies to him, he wasn't going to let simpleminded morons ruin the perfect day for the perfect ride.

"Time to kick up the speed." the boy thought as he began to spin on the ground as he rode, throwing himself forward; also known as the 360 Degree Turn. His speed had almost instantly went from its previous twenty-four miles per an hour speed, and it was now at an impressive forty miles per an hour. Even at these high speeds, he had been able to dodge these vehicles. Deciding he'll test his speed even further before taking a rest, Ken had repeated the trick once more, raising his speed to fifty six miles per an hour. The kid even managed a smile across his face at the fact it was very enjoyable to go at such a speed.

He then made good use of his speed by swiftly climbing up a somewhat tall apartment building, riding a bit high into the air from his speed which forced him to make very elaborate and flexible movements in the air to keep himself from falling over the edge. As he landed on the ground, he slid just a little bit before finally stopping.

"Hmm?" the boy thought to himself as he looked over and saw a man putting together what seemed to be a pair of Air Treks. He walked over and analyzed this soon to be born piece of equipment. They looked decent, not all professional, but it was a lot better than other people could do since they weren't tuners.

"They look nice." the King said with a monotone voice as he looked thoroughly at the object. Ken started to wonder which would be better, his Air Treks or this guy's.

3 Re: Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private] on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Putting on the last wheel he would torque the bolts to hold it into place. He hadn't even noticed the boy in front of him until he had looked up from his pet project. How was this one might ask, simple he had his ear buds in blasting Ladies and Gentlemen. His head slightly nodding to the music as he withdrew a ear bud,"Sorry, did you say something?"

Slipping out of his tennis shoes he would place one of the lace-less air trek on his foot before pressing the button on the inside of the leg marked with an "I". a sharp intake of air and the A-T would form perfectly to his foot,"Oh that feels nice."

A smile would be on his lips as he put on the other pair.

"Oops almost forgot."
Taking a R.E.A.D. chip off the table he would then insert it into the new air trek ready for their first test.

Jumping: 0
Strength: 1
Speed: 3
Stamina: 0
Dexterity: 0
Acceleration: 1
Tricks: 1
Total: 6
View user profile

4 Re: Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private] on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 pm

"Sorry, did you say something?" the male had said only after he took a music ear bud out of his ear. The boy scratched his head as a reply to this remark, not feeling good enough to repeat himself. His eyes continued to scan these peculiar skates as the man had equiped them to himself.

,"Oh that feels nice." the tuner had stated as his feet had sank into this new creation. He wondered what made them look so comfortable. Ken had looked at the sun shining right in his eyes before he rode closer into the shade for protection.

"How long did it take you to make those Air Treks?" the boy had asked as he took out his R.E.A.D and scanned the other male's ability with them. Hmm. These stats had been fairly low, that of someone who looked to be just a beginner.

"I'm guessing you're an F-Rank Tuner? Those AT's don't look all that bad for someone of your rank." Ken said as he slowly moved his own Air Treks on the ground but not going elsehwere.

5 Re: Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private] on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm

"Well, from design to finish about three weeks. It took forever for the shells to come in, but hey what are you going to do." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. Trying to play it off like that was the only delay. He knew Rue or Luna could probably get the same project done in less then three hours but then again he was not as advanced as they were. Draining his Dr. Pepper as the kid scanned him in he wondered if the A-T themselves where still locked but since the grim reaper code did not shut down the R.E.A.D. device that meant that they were active.

"Now that's quite rude. Tell you what since i still need to test these out, meat me down stairs and I'll show you that I'm not just any eff class."
Turning around to head to the door the flaming spade on his back would be clear to the kid to see. Of course this door was only to exit his little work area as he headed to the edge of the building he would jump, if one could call it that. He would make it to the building next door as he fell, His newly made A-T's biting into the wall as they spun slowing his decent so that he did not splatter on the ground below.

Shaking the jarring motion from the impact he would smile and make his way street side.

View user profile

6 Re: Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private] on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:11 pm

It seemed that it took this male about three weeks to finish these Air Treks due to the fact that the shells were coming in late. Either way, the boy only cared about the final product.

"Now that's quite rude. Tell you what since i still need to test these out, meet me down stairs and I'll show you that I'm not just any F class." the male said as he turned around and walked through the door, a flamming spade could be seen on his jacket.

"Wai-" the boy said before the door had closed behind the other male. "Why do I always get into matches when I don't want to? It's such a pain..." the boy said with a sigh as he rode down the wall to meet the male outside. He looked around for the male on the street, riding towards him once he had located him.

"I guess if we have to do a race we'll...eh forget a race how about we just ride casually through the roads? You can do your best if you want, I really don't care all that much." the boy said with a tired expression as he began to ride on the road at a speed of sixteen miles per an hour, easily evading any incoming vehicles. Deciding that he wanted to test his dexterity a bit more, he used his 360 Degree Spin; doing a somewhat flashy spin which caused his speed to rocket to thirty two miles per an hour. He felt the nice breeze of air being shoved against his body as he prevailed through the city streets, not having the knowledge if the other guy was catching up with him.

7 Re: Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private] on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Dropping into a runners stance his wheels would spark against the pavement as they roared with the torque behind them. As the little boy took of Aron would lift a hand causing the A-T's to burn out as the twisted his body around. Aron would take off at sixteen miles an hour in the opposite direction of the kid. Cars would be seldom at this time of night, but either way Aron would stay on the side walk as he road away from the kid. His ear buds put away had allowed him to listen not only to his A-T's but the kids. The way he road he could already tell he was only using thirty no wait something changed in the tune that he was listening to, a trick maybe. After all it pushed the air treks the kid that was disappearing behind him to fifty percent.

Shaking his head he would focus on his own air treks. Acceleration was up ten percent then normal, mostly due to the added traction and speed seemed normal. He was starting to enjoy his ride.

View user profile

8 Re: Ken and the Rookie Tuner [Private] on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Archived | Inactive - Will Be Restored Upon Request

Sponsored content